HISTORY  

   

Texas Gas Transmission, LLC

  

Texas Gas was created in 1948 with the merger of Memphis Natural Gas Company and Kentucky Natural Gas Corporation. Since that time, Texas Gas changed ownership four times. The company was bought by CSX Corp. in 1983; by Transco Energy Corp. in 1989; by Williams in 1995; and by Loews Corporation in 2003.  

  

  

Boardwalk Pipeline Partners, LP

  

Loews Corporation (NYSE: L) bought Texas Gas Transmission, LLC in May 2003 and Gulf South Pipeline Company, LP in December 2004. These two interstate natural gas pipeline companies were consolidated into a new entity – Boardwalk Pipeline Partners, LP – which went public on November 15, 2005. A third interstate natural gas pipeline company, Gulf Crossing Pipeline Company LLC, went into service in 2009. Boardwalk Field Services, LLC, which was formed to develop and operate gas gathering, compression, dehydration, treating, and processing infrastructure, announced its first project in October 2011. Boardwalk acquired the Petal and Hattiesburg natural gas storage companies and formed Boardwalk HP Storage Company, LLC in December 2011.  In October 2012, Boardwalk acquired Boardwalk Louisiana Midstream, LLC (formerly PL Midstream, LLC), which expanded Boardwalk’s operations into the natural gas liquids business.  Boardwalk’s common units are traded under the symbol “BWP” on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE).